Finding Farideh received the Award for Best Documentary at the Hafez Awards in Tehran last Thursday!
It was a total surprise and feeling so proud, excited and humble at the same time. Thankful to the jury of the Hafez Awards for this major acknowledgement. For the entire crew and all the adoptees and families who are missing a child.
Herewith video of the ceremony, filmed by Abbas Amini:
This beautiful song has been on my mind for a few weeks now.
Gratefully Finding Farideh has had screenings during the following film festivals:
- Cinema Vérité International Film Festival in Iran (Premiere 2017)
- Fadjr International Film Festival in Iran (2018)
- Iranian Film Festival in Cologne, Germany (2018)
- Iranian Film Festival in Prague, Czech Republic (2018)
- Big Sky Documentary Film Festival, Montana USA (2019)
- International Human Rights Documentary Film Festival in Kiev, Ukraine (2019)
- Iranian Film Festival in Zurich, Switzerland (2019)
- Middle East NOW in Florence, Italy (2019)
- Istanbul Film Festival in Turkey (2019)
- Kazan International Muslim Film Festival in Russia (2019)
I was invited to come to Zurich and Florence, I will share pictures and write about this experience as it was so inspirational to attend the screenings and the Q&A’s in these beautiful European cities.
Finding Farideh received a special prize ‘Humanism in Cinema Arts’ from the President of the Republic Tatarstan during the Kazan International Muslim Film Festival 2019.
I never heard of Tatarstan before so I had to google it.
Absolutely a great honor to receive this beautiful prize, so thank you Rustam Minnikhanov! It means a lot.
Herewith the video of the award ceremony:
Next week Finding Farideh will have it’s North American premiere during Big Sky Film Festival in Montana, USA.
Please click here for more information and to order your ticket!
So far Finding Farideh received the following awards:
* Winner of 4 awards in Iran’s international documentary film festival “Cinema Verite” : (Best Film in Art & Experience Section, Best Editing, Best Music and Festival director’s special prize).
* Winner of the best documentary award at the 20th Iran’s Cinema Celebration Academy Awards.
* Winner of an honorary diploma for best directing and the award for best sound design in the 10th Independent Celebration of Iranian Documentary Films.
* Winner of the best documentary film in the 1st “Cinema Cinema Academy Awards”
And in the meantime I am now busy with the distribution of Finding Farideh in the Netherlands.
To all my dear crowdfunders and friends who have waited so patiently over the years, your patience will be rewarded in the end, thank you so much for your support!
Finding Farideh is still showing in Art & Experience cinema’s in Iran since November 2018, so it is still running after 3 months! Absolutely a dream come true.
I am receiving messages from the audience in Iran and they all are so loving & warm, it makes my heart jump up and down from all the love.
Soon I will publish more exciting news!
First some sweet music and then I will start writing again as so much happening and I need to share it with you!
Last summer I got introduced by the music of Mahsa Vahdat. When I heard this song I was thrilled by the words, the vibrance of the two voices together and apart, the words, the silence in between, the angelic voice of Mahsa and the deep soul sound of Sam… Ever since I am repeating the song and feel a million feelings within me. In september Mahsa visited Amsterdam and I had to go and see her. Sam passed over to the other side in 2015.
Bless him and her for the inspiration they are giving me.