First of all apologies for the silence at FindFarideh…
By coming back to the Netherlands and being on my own again I could reflect again and it took some time to manifest the changes within me.
I didn’t find my biological family unfortunately.
There I finally said it. I did not find my Iranian family but I did find the Iranian part within me.
And as I noticed and still notice is that I have this huge urge to write in my own language too. I guess that is only natural… when you are busy with a once-in-a-lifetime project.
But first some updates and facts about the documentary:
– We shot 150 hours (!!) of footage during November and December 2015.
– We used transfer by foot, bike, car, bus, boat, tram, train, plane and taxi. The helicopter was cancelled.. hahaha no just kidding.
– We travelled from Amsterdam (the Netherlands) via Tehran to Mashhad (Iran).
– The filmcrew is Iranian, I am Dutch.
– We laughed a lot. I cried a lot too.
– My website is officially not available in Iran, just like Facebook and Twitter.
– Instagram is allowed in Iran… you can find me there too, search for findfarideh.
The final edit was completed two weeks ago by our great editor Hamid Najafi Rad and the directors Azadeh Moussavi and Kourosh Ataee in Tehran Iran.
The final edit!!!! I am so excited again!! And proud as well and humble to be able to experience this because of you!
You… the ones who made Finding Farideh possible by crowdfunding, you know who you are.
Tomorrow I will do the last voice-over recording here in Amsterdam… and then it is time for the music composer and my friend Billy who will do the color grading.
We have already send our final edit to the International Documentary Filmfestival Amsterdam (IDFA) and now we have to wait and be patience again to see if they find it worthy enough to show Finding Farideh during the IDFA 2017 (15 / 26 November).
It would be the greatest honour for me and the crew to show you Finding Farideh in my hometown Amsterdam, only if they let me. So fingers crossed!!